• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Red/blue wire color change from starter solenoid to NSS?

surratt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Im bypassing my nss for now on my 5.0 swap on my 1987 bII. The red/blue wire from the ignition to the starter solenoid does not have 12 during crank bc the trans isnt in place. Problem is i cant find the damn red blue wire around the trans area. Im wondering if it changed colors to the trans or if im missing a engine harness that contained it

rangerin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Not sure what all is compatible, but I just swapped over to a 5 speed and jumped my NSS in my '84 Ranger. I had a 4 wire plug. The purple and black wires where for the back up lights, and I had two red wires that I crimped together for the NSS.

surratt

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well I found it. Looks like im missing a harness that was with the engine trans that carried the wires back. Red/light blue wire is on two different connectors around the master cylinder. Simply cut them and spliced together. Now I have my 12v at startup and the starter solenoid is functioning.

I bypassed the NSS for now but later I will install one on the trans and adapt the wiring to it. Maybe this will help someone one day with the same problem

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals