• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Taking out parts and wires,advise?

Kara

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
86 B2 2.9 EB edition

Can anyone tell me what the bare bones wiring that I need is so that I can just cut out and remove all existing harnesses?
Except the trans module since i am push button 4whl switch over.

I have 3 modules in the dash area. Trans, me and ...starter? while removing the lower small bracket from under the dash (ceterish) the bracket that is a part of the module hit metal and since the battery WAS hooked up , a grinding noise promptly sounded from the starter- i believe.

I am assuming starter and that the bracket is the module ground. Can anyone confirm this or correct me please?

The goal is to remove all but what is essential for the Bronco to go into 4wheel and run. I will keep lights and wipers and winch.

After the AC removal today I am left with just the wires.

Vehicle is gutted: dash, ducting, interior, panels, radio/speakers,and accessory wires. Only the steering wheel is in place.

Thanks in advance for any ideas/help

Kara

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This will allow you to get rid of your electric 4wd

http://theshiftster.com/

Wow. Yes this is the perfect solution for me. THANK YOU!

Spent the day fighting the worthless broken AC and tracing all the wires to pull it in its entirety. Almost done.

Kara

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
You are going to need to do SOMETHING in place of the 510 ohm resistor / Charge Indicator from the dash in order for the alternator to charge your battery.

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/EDiagrams/files/Diagram_charging_1991_1.JPG
Shot myself in the foot on this one. I didnt mark anything that was in my column / cluster area because I thought I would finish it quickly and remember. Thanks for the diag. I was working from a basic "theory" of operation I came up with based on my manuals diagrams. (which have turned out to be wrong)

While doing some clean up on the block I got side tracked and started cleaning connectors. The alternator connector tracks toward the starter relay and I think splits into another harness through the wall. I will double check on that for mine.
Did I get your meaning correct in that the indicator wire is an in series connection for the charge system? Meaning that when I cut out the indicator wire that it was a continuous wire that went to the battery for charging?]

which now that I said it out loud would make sense. The indicator light comes on when there is No charge to let me know my alternator is failing to charge.
So an in series line would make sense. Did I get that right?

Last edited:

AZFX4

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
With a little more time and money, looks like this is what Ill do. Thx
Little advice for you. Order this from JBG or Advance Adapters. I ordered mine directly from the website and it was a complete pain in the ass.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
You aren't going to be able to loose a whole lot. Most of the wiring on the BII was engine, trans, or lights.

The remainder was wipers and radios, etc, but it's all woven into the harnesses.

The black box under the dash with the D-shaped connector is the wiper controller.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals