• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Made a Center Console

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I got the 60/40 split buckets, wanted some more space to put things, and to bring the cup holders up higher. I used wafer board, glue, screws, spray adhesive, light weight carpet, and cup holders/tray from Pep Boys. Teh little square thing is a magnet mount to hold my cell phone. This is what I came-up with.

bronco2fan

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.8 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
3 inch body lift
Tire Size
Pretty cool, I especially like all the accessories and holders. Ought to put the specs up somewhere for others to use if they want. Looks good.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Looks great. There are tons of options out there but sometimes the best option is to build it yourself. I eventually plan on building some sort of organizer system in the back of my bronco 2...there are a few things on the market but nothing really for the bronco 2 because they've been out of production for what seems like forever :(.

MrGiggles

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Looks great. The cupholders are useless down low.

Anyone ever make a custom lid for the stock center console? Mine is crushed, broken latch, and filthy. Tried to find another at the junkyard and they were just as bad. I've thought about making one out of wood.

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the replies.

I drew this up on my workbench top and proceeded to make a cardboard template for the sides. I thought a template was in order to get the radius of the dash, general shape, and angle for the top so I would be able to extend the top over the bench seat. The rest fell into place.

It is very functional and decent looking. I looked at aftermarket consoles and could not find one that would fit like I wanted.

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
Nice work. Should have made a cubbie hole for your firearm though. I have a nice IWB that does not bother me while I driving but your little console has my wheels turning. I am not even going to ask about the lotion though.

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Nice work. Should have made a cubbie hole for your firearm though. I have a nice IWB that does not bother me while I driving but your little console has my wheels turning. I am not even going to ask about the lotion though.
I think I will put a partition inside the box to stand the gun up with an IWB holster. What's your idea of a cubby hole? Maybe something to hang the holster as if on my waste? I do like it down out of site and I don't have my conceal carry yet. A smaller gun would conceal better and likely be more comfortable. It is a springfield XD Mod 2.0 double stack 45, sub compact.

"It puts the lotion on it's skin". Psycho from Silence of the Lambs.

Last edited:

hoosier1104

I'm Awesome!
Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302 based goodness
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Work hard and play harder
I recommend getting your CCW if you plan to carry.

I would have to think about the design and ease of draw from the cubbie hole/compartment. Before I could really answer the 2nd half of your post.

I carry a G19 so I think I would build it for a full frame if it was a compartment.

Let me think on it and I will get back with you.

(Skips off to the drawing boards like a little school boy getting out of school to go play)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Blown

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Ha, too funny. I am the same way when I get to do a project.

Yes the CCW is on my list and I do not carry now, but I like access to it in my truck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals