• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Flex fuel sensor question

kamps989

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So my check engine light came on about 2 weeks ago and I pulled the code and it showed that the flex fuel sensor was to blame. The engine was still running like a top so i reset the check engine light in hopes it would not come back on (because that sensor is not particularly cheap). And guess what it still hasnt come on. Do you guys think I am pushing my luck by ignoring the issue? Oh and it so happens that I was running premium gas in my truck which I have only done once before (it was the same price as regular).

JP02XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have heard stories of the sensor going bad from switching fuels after running either fuel for the majority of the time then switching & the sensor goes bad. My 02 was used & I had no idea what had been ran in it prior & have never tried the E-85 partially for that reason. As for resetting the code, you should be fine if it is running good, if it is rich, (as in using the E-85 maps for gasoline you could ruin your catalytic converters in a short time from the extra fuel. I would run it a while & see what happens, if it trips the light again then start investigating it further. I know the FF sensor is expensive. Also I really doubt the premium fuel had anything to do with the sensor reading, unless the station had e-85 in their tanks & maybe switched to premium?

JP02XLT

kamps989

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok thanks, I guess Ill just let it ride and have faith in the 3.0 :icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals