• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sub with jumper seats

snomaker321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
has anyone figured out a way to use a sub or two while still maintaining use of the 2 jumper seats in the back of a 96 supercab or similar. ive looked around but havent been able to find anything. thanks

snomaker321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
thanks, i may have to try that. my jump seats are different and fold from the sides might it should still work there. seems like a pain to do though...

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
Your options are real limited unless you do away with one seat or just not use it, otherwise your gunna need a really shallow sub and box and its gunna be hard to get good bass without a decent amount of airspace, hit up a stereo shop and see if that can custom make you a box to fit your needs

snomaker321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
i figured itd be tough to do. I would remove a jump eat but i have had 5 people in my truck on multiple occasions and i dont want to lose a seat. Ill have to look around more and see if i can squeeze one somewhere

himy66

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you might wanna check out ebay and just type in ranger sub box. They have a few options that might work for you. i put two 10's in my 94 and they take up the whole back, but they are in a q logic hatchback box

dburton07

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.Ugh
Transmission
Automatic
This is what I built a couple weeks ago, housing a 12". Might just barely be able to throw 2 scrawny ass people back there, but the box can slide over to give one person some decent room.

Nhaz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998 and a few
Make / Model
Ranger+Ranger+E
Engine Size
4.0 3.0
Transmission
Automatic
how the heck are you craming 5 people into that truck. i drive a xlt and i can get me and maybe 2 small people in the front.

the back is for midgets .. right? or in my case my sub box. it covers a good chunk of the back.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Here's mine, rough install before it got finished....12", sounds pretty decent. Not too loud overall but kicks decent and leaves room enough for 2 5' x" girls back there....

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
and its gunna be hard to get good bass without a decent amount of airspace,
thats %100 incorrect you just have to have the right set up.

snomaker321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I've only had 5 people in there a few times but we all fit 3 in the front 2 in the back. Its not the most comfortable arrangement but i can get people from point a to point b. But i do have 3 or 4 people in there all the time, so i dont want to give up those seats. Ill have to see if i can try a longish skinny one across the back or maybe just make it so i can remove easily

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
Another idea I've seen used is a shallow box thats holds 2 10's that face the floor. Build it so the jumper sit on top of it when they're folded down. Not the most comfortable arrangement as your legs sit straight out, but you can kinda stretch them out.

-andrew

bmosso3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Another idea I've seen used is a shallow box thats holds 2 10's that face the floor. Build it so the jumper sit on top of it when they're folded down. Not the most comfortable arrangement as your legs sit straight out, but you can kinda stretch them out.

-andrew
x2. And if the box fits under the seat, it won't be much higher than the hump, so you only lose like 3-5 inches of leg room i think?

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
if you make one that runs across the floor and has a hump for the sub between the seat and make the box out of 1'' it can hold hold up to some abuse mabe make a cover over the sub out of black mesh and 1'' so people can put there feet on it or crawl on it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals