• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally, some new tech in the B4000!

JustPlaneChris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
This is the year to give some love to my owned-it-since-new B4000. It's already gotten a Hurst shifter, and last weekend I updated the technology to what is actually better than my expensive German daily driver! :shok:

I chose a Sony XAV-AX100, Rockford Fosgate Prime R1525X2 speakers (4) and a Clarion CC510 backup camera, all from Crutchfield.

Installation took most of a Saturday, and was remarkably free of issues. In fact, the only real issue I had was with some bad connections in the pre-made wiring harness I bought from Crutchfield! They were very apologetic about it, and refunded my money. :icon_thumby:

Overall, I'm super excited to have modern electronics in my baby truck. Next up: Wheels, tires, and suspension! :yahoo:

Here it is before I cleaned up all the dirty fingerprints on the bezel. :annoyed:

Navigating via Android Auto. Super cool.

jsh13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I know it's an old thread - is that a Crutchfield bezel around the unit or did you fab that? Thinking about a new unit for mine and the double DIN is getting to be an attractive price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustPlaneChris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
I know it's an old thread - is that a Crutchfield bezel around the unit or did you fab that? Thinking about a new unit for mine and the double DIN is getting to be an attractive price.
It's a little of both, actually! It started out as the Crutchfield bezel, but due to the fact that this unit has a volume knob (a must-have for me) it required some modification to make it work. In other words: I hacked it to bits and glued it where I needed it. :icon_twisted:

Still, it was better than starting from nothing. I'm still really happy with the unit, the only thing I may add is a powered sub-woofer for a bit more bass. My Audi S4 with the Bang & Olufson kinda has me spoiled there. :D

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals