• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help with CD6 radio

JP02XLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I picked up an Audiophile CD6 radio, Part number 3R3T-18C815-UE, I want to put it into my 02 Ranger. It has 3 connectors on the back, a 24 pin, 16 pin & an 8 pin, I bought a connector to go into the 24 pin it has power, speakers etc, I then bought a reverse connector for the 02 truck, I put the 2 connectors together to make a jumper of sorts so I am not cutting any wires. Put the new radio in everything works but I have very little base and the overall volume is lower than the stock radio. Any thoughts or suggestions, from my research this new radio is a mach system from an 04 Mustang, but I figured it would still work without the amp based off it had 4 speaker ouputs.

Thanks

JP02XLT

Last edited:

Haywire6000

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo Four Plug Head
Transmission
Manual
More than likely the RMS wattage is lower than your factory head unit ( assuming you are not running this through a amp), so the speakers are not being fully powered.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals