• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

88 Ford Ranger

88ranger5speed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys! new member....just posting my truck to get some ideas. Its a 88 ford ranger all stock. 2.9 2wd 5 speed. 88k miles.
Things i'm thinking about doing to it:
djm 3/4" drop kit
projector headlights
tinted windows
tinted marker lights and tail taillights
2-10's behind the seat

It's a beautiful truck with a few cancer spots...and has been sitting in a garage for the past 15 years...ive spent the last year getting it to running condition and now it's here! i'm a highschool kid working at a grocery store....so no way this stuff is going to happen immediately but i'm just getting ideas

Attachments

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Man, I was all excited because I thought someone was going to be building an 88 Ranger race truck.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Nice looking truck...that dash needs a bit of work but you can actually buy a new one from LMC...

My 88 has one little crack (so far) on the driver side but the top is still solid...

Man, I was all excited because I thought someone was going to be building an 88 Ranger race truck.
I saw one on Kijiji in Ontario for sale...only wanted $25,000 for it too...lol

It was an 88 but you couldn't tell from the pics because it had the body off...just the frame, massive rear tires, and this huge ugly chromed engine with something sticking out the top where the carb should be...:)

88ranger5speed

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Nice looking truck...that dash needs a bit of work but you can actually buy a new one from LMC...

My 88 has one little crack (so far) on the driver side but the top is still solid...

Yeah...i'm gonna work on my outside appearence first...ill take some more pics and post, but i cant take them portrait style...or they won't upload...i wan't to get it dropped and accesorized...and i was actually thinking about doing a black interior...but then it's not original...like i said...i'm on a tight budget...but in a year i hope to have it as my view on how a mini truck should look :headbang:

hasseb1

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah...i'm gonna work on my outside appearence first...ill take some more pics and post, but i cant take them portrait style...or they won't upload...i wan't to get it dropped and accesorized...and i was actually thinking about doing a black interior...but then it's not original...like i said...i'm on a tight budget...but in a year i hope to have it as my view on how a mini truck should look

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual

My 88 has one little crack (so far) on the driver side but the top is still solid....
They are just brittle plastic shells and they crack too.

Is that a Custom or a Diesel? First gen Customs are pretty uncommon, I have been on here for quite awhile and I have only seen a handful others besides mine.

Its a sharp little truck, looks pretty clean. Take care of it. :icon_thumby:

thmpsn70

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988 ranger, 30
Make / Model
1990 mustang ra
Transmission
Manual
I got one can't run it yet due to a tailshaft bushing needing replace in my T5. I would do an 1/8th but the 1/4 trap speeds are higher than my vibration speeds of 85 mph Ill have it fixed soon and start my own thread

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals