• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

tk 5 stuck in high gear

highmarker420

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
howdy all i'm a newbie to the forum . i just picked up a 85 b2 and am having problems.i have been reading some posts on here but just cant find the answer.it seems like it stuck in overdrive. the reason i say overdrive is because , if i put it in any other gear it locks up, in low lock it will move only with the shifter in OD. is the tranny gone or is there a fix for this ?

birddog321

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
check the fluid level in the tranny. But most liklely toast

highmarker420

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
after removing the tk5 and doing some further inspection the fork is moving the gear but the transmission is still stuck in 5th (OD). TOAST is correct!!! i replaced the tk5 with a fm146 from the local junkyard, had to used the drive shafts and cross member from the junkyard also. just got to replace the hydraulic line for the clutch today due to different end on the slave cylinder. not a bad day i guess 2 trannys out and 1 back in and 100 dollar bill later the old beater is about back to life.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals