• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

seatbelt wont release??

desertrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
beat down 4.0
Transmission
Manual
i just put bucket seats out of a probe in my ranger, well i didnt even think about the seat belts not matching up so i went back to the junk yard and pulled the seat belts out of the probe as well, changed out the passenger seat no problem, the drivers on the other hand has reeled itself in after i removed it from the probe and wont release so i can extend the belt out to attach it at all of its points.

it worked perfect before i removed it but like i said it reeled itself in once i removed it and im assuming it has told itself to lock up but i cant figure out how to get it to release, anyone know how to get it to release? the passenger side didnt reel itself in all the way so it was perfectly fine.

desertrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
beat down 4.0
Transmission
Manual
nevermind, i figured it out, it has this little ball on the side of it and im assuming if it isnt in the right position it locks up, i held the retractor assembly perfectly straight and level and it released

IRKillroy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9l
Transmission
Manual
My credo
Semper Fidelis
my old seat belts kind stick in the depressed position... a bunch of lub and lots of use will get the rust out... the everything should work as intended.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals