• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Engine overheated, now running hot.

iJimaniac

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Once the warranty expires, they are all "high risk" vehicles.
Not really. All depends on how reliable the vehicle is to begin with, and how well it's maintained. I've driven vehicles with 300k+ miles on them that have a more reliable feel than this Ranger. It seems to have been used as a landscaping truck in the past, so I can't say I'm surprised about it being abused. It's served me well, and I might even keep it around for a project truck, but when you commute 100 miles a day, you need something that doesn't leave you sitting on the edge of your seat the whole time.

freedom5

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Probably too late looking at your posting date. I had the same problem several years ago and found the fan clutch was bad and not turning the blades fast enough at idle speed. It would heat up quite rapidly in hot weather sitting at a signal light.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals