• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lookin at a bronco, need opinions...

FX5

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking at a 90 b2 and it has 2 spots with rust that need fixed. I have an 85 b2 with rust almost everwhere, wheel wells, floor, door piller, door jamb, below tail lights, beside tail light, but the roof is solid. Thats where this one is rusted, above the passenger side door near the rear side window. Do a lot of b2s rot out here? I've looked at a lot of them and this seems odd. I don't want the rear side window to leak, and don't want a tube of rvt or the like smeared everywhere. Any opinions?
The other spot is on the drivers side about half way between the wheel well and the gas door, this seems fairly easy to fix and not near as strange as the roof.
Other than that, the bronco has 204k miles 2.9 5speed electric 4wd auto hubs on a factory d35, needs a windshield tires and exhaust, frame and rest of body is fairly solid, much more solid than most pa b2s. He was asking 750 but I talked him down to 500. Thoughts?

Thanks.

n_grimm

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I feel for you with the rust problem. If you can stop the rust problem it may be a good deal. Where I lived in Montana was bad enough but I Pa I think is worse. If you have to cut a non structural piece out, I personally think you are better off treating the rusty areas inside and out with a good rust block primer like Rustoleum Hammered and fastening the new piece with epoxy (after roughing it up). Nearly as strong as welding but it doesn't contribute to more rusting. I only like the PC brand marine putty epoxy where you just break a piece off, mix it in your hand and work it into place. It sets pretty well in 30 minutes and you can even sand it smooth. Since it sets up even when wet, you can moisten your finger to smooth it out. If I can get to the back side and treat the rusty area, I have used aluminum tape as a backer for small holes and filled with epoxy. No matter what you do, you are just buying time anyway. Sorry if I'm off topic here but it sounds like being able to fix the rust would be the key for me if everything else is good. Fortunately we don't have that problem here.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Get it and throw a 4.0 in it. You'll love it more than you already do!

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
4.0, 8.8, disc brakes all way around, aussie's.... rust or no rust... trail rig!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals