• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Brake booster

The_Dealer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Duh!
Transmission
Automatic
85 b2 2.8 fm146 durasparked with a holley 350 carb.

I've been trying to tune my carb and have been having some prOblems getting the a/f ratio and idle right. Also I've been hearing a hiss under the dash that stops when I push hard on the brakes. Also when I do this the rpms drop drastically(don't have a tach so dunno how much they drop). I pulled the hose off the booster and plugged itand had a buddy start the rig and the idle was low(like when I push the brake hard and it drops), and the idle is nice and smooth. 1st off is this normal? I'm thinking I have a bad booster or check valve. What do u guys think?
I'm having part throttle surging and skipping but wot is fine. Getting crappy mpgs, and I'm getting lean af ratios even with a 61 jet. Others are running same setups with low to mid 50's jets

np24

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
It sounds like you have a bad booster.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals