• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford Bronco II Leaf Swap

Jtallen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I got an old beater Bronco II. Paid 150 dollars for it and drove it home. Got it running good (High Idle when purchased, Vacuum Leak). This thing was used as a toy and has probably been jumped 2 or 3 times, The leafs are weak and starting to bow negatively at the shackles and mounts. I pulled them out to take a look and they are pretty much ruined. I cannot afford anything at the moment as money is tight. I got some Toyota leaf springs that look pretty identical, little longer maybe, I was wonder how difficult it would be to swap these into it? I feel like it would work decently well as long as the bushings are similar. What's your opinion? :icon_confused: My rear end is in pieces at the moment. I have to use it for work Monday and would rather not put the old leafs back in if these are compatible. Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Make a bastard pack, use the b-2 main spring and utilize the toy springs under it. As long as they are the same width it should work.

Jtallen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Make a bastard pack, use the b-2 main spring and utilize the toy springs under it. As long as they are the same width it should work.
And which would be the b-2 main spring? Sorry I am not familiar with the term. I am an entry level mechanic currently.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The main spring is the one bolted to the truck. There is a bolt in the center of the spring that will need to be replaced, pick it up at a spring shop. I bought a pair 3/8"*5" for $3.50. The have a round head that fits into the hole of the spring pad mount on the axle. They are threaded for the whole length and should be cut to length after installation. I'm about to do the same basic thing to my truck and can document it over the weekend if you want to wait.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jtallen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
No thank you. I need this finished asap. I will see if I can find a spring shop open today. Thanks for the info I appreciate it!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals