• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Explorer Overhead Console (blue display)

RaptorRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Hey guys,

I just bought this console and installed it last weekend, and I was hoping it would be green and match my dash. When I wired it up, it was the blue-ish color, and was wondering if there is a way to get it closer to green to match my dash lights? I've been surfing ebay for some, and emailing sellers, and for some reason a lot of them don't freekin know what color the display is. You would think they would know this if they are selling the d@mn thing. Anyway, here is a picture of what I have now. I read that all the difference between the 2 is just the plastic lens' tint that differentiates the blue or green color?

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Different years came in different colors. Don't quote me but I believe I read somewhere that 95-98 were blue and 99-up were green...

RaptorRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the info... Dewitt, Iowa huh? I am originally from Dubuque. Just graduated from Iowa State last year. Georgia is quite a bit different than the cornfields of the midwest... :icon_twisted:

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Grew up in Davenport, graduated from ISU in '04. After graduating I went to NC for 4 years, just got back to Iowa last summer. It's a small world!

RaptorRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
CYCLONE !!!!!!!!! POWER!!!!!!!!!!!

GO STATE!!!1 :beer: :headbang:

RaptorRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Oh, so I put some of that black wire loom around the wires that go to the temp sensor.. an I went back to turn the truck on, and now it just reads "OC" for the temp... I'm pretty pissed... I wonder if it means "open circuit"??? I'll have to check the wires again... GRRR.. any ideas guys?

oldjohnny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
I believe OC means that there is no Temperature sensor present or there is a short (or like you said, Open Circuit). Check your wires and make sure you didn't scrape the wires when you passed them through the firewall.

Spootnuke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
V6
Transmission
Manual
To your original question, Open the console, find the L.E.D., discover its specs, and get a green one. It shouldn't be that hard.......

bnbranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford ranger
Engine Size
2.3l 4 banger
Transmission
Manual
Sorry guys go HAWKS!!!!

RaptorRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
To your original question, Open the console, find the L.E.D., discover its specs, and get a green one. It shouldn't be that hard.......
The only difference between them is what color the green transparent plastic is... the LED display is actually white.

RaptorRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I believe OC means that there is no Temperature sensor present or there is a short (or like you said, Open Circuit). Check your wires and make sure you didn't scrape the wires when you passed them through the firewall.
Fixed the sensor... one of the wires got undone when I ran it through the wire loom...

So, I took of the blueish/aqua lens off the display, and that is all it is.. anyone have a green lens they want to trade???

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Can you take a pic of what it looks like without the lens? I just converted my cluster to white LEDs and I wouldn't mind making my OHC match.

RaptorRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yea, I'll get you a pic tomorrow when I get off work.

oldjohnny

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
Fixed the sensor... one of the wires got undone when I ran it through the wire loom...

So, I took of the blueish/aqua lens off the display, and that is all it is.. anyone have a green lens they want to trade???
Just hit the Junk Yards. Hell, you can even replace it while you are there. Just take the green one and leave the blue one. Or just pocket the damn thing. I know, it's unethical, but some JY carnies also like to take advantage of other people. I had a friend who had a part time job at a local Junk yard and he said they would try to avoid warranties as much as possible and would knowingly sell ALL bad engines. Their policy with all engines was all sales were final. I'm fine with that, but when you know an engine is bad, and you still sell it, that's jumping the line.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals