• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2" Drop Coils - ride quality? (+other Q's)

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
Assuming proper clearance with the bump stop for full movement, are there any issues with ride quality?

Are there other things that might need trimmed or would be better if moved/trimmed a bit?

I see two main brands, Belltech and DJM, there were some other brands that popped up on websites (westernchassisinc)and ebay, etc. Is one brand better than the other? Anyone know the differences?

How much shorter are the 2" drop coils than the factory ones? I know getting lift or drop isn't one-for-one on these trucks.

Did a number of searches, all I found were some really old threads (8-10 years) and even those still didn't completely answer stuff.

RollinWOT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1998/2015
Make / Model
Ford/Kia
Engine Size
3.0L Vulcan/GDI 2.0L
Transmission
Manual
I can't speak for beam suspension, but in my '98 with A-arms and 2" drop coils, the ride got a bit "bouncier" over the really rough stuff, but for 90% of driving it's A-ok, the rear axle flip kit actually had more of an effect on the ride quality than the front coils. I didn't have to trim anything at all to use the coils on mine. The brand I used was Canuck Motorsports and they aren't as well known but they do have good products for a nicer price point. As far as the difference in coils height, with the coils out, there was about a 2.5" difference between the factory and aftermarket coils I had.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals