• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just bought an 84 Ranger 5.0

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
ok well I feel stupid....the reason the truck wouldn't crank/start was the start safety switch on the clutch came unhooked...plugged that back in an VROOM started right up...thanks to my dad for pointing out if the plug was hooked or not, Thanks Dad!! Driving it to work tomorrow and I'll bring my camera, then going to pep boys to get a valve cover breather, and a pvc line for the right side valve cover to carb vent hose

Z3CHYD

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
3 front 5 rear
Tire Size
225/60R15
Here's an update, the trucks running great, did the first oil change on it, got to replace the lil gasket on the bolt in the front sump of the pan tho, leaks a lil bit. Also the Optima Battery I thought was so great, died. I swapped the rotted out tires/cragers that I had on it and put some deerhoof 14's in the back with 235/70's and black steelies in the front off my old probe, their 195/70/14. Here's a fun driving video and a startup video also :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPfaQQ65Q5g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bhahyps_Ms

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals