• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Sound deadining

Terry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I finished my basic install of my system a few weeks ago. I have 6 x 9 Alpines in the stock rear location. I put some pioneer 4" speakers in the dash. I am hunting for a shallow sub and amp to finish it out. Im not so happy that the rear stock location speakers as that they loose sound as that they are below the top seat level. I dont know if I will move them from there or not. I have my door panels out. I want to put sound deadining in the panels and floor. How do you do the doors so water does not get soaked into the deadining material. Where did you put your sound deadining in your truck also did you use any spray form?

TIA

Rockstar04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
For any location that could get wet (Doors, under your carpet/vinyl) I would suggest a heavy rubber or loaded vinyl type of sound deadening, its waterproof and some of the best sound deadening for automotive use.

This stuff, thick, heavy, and normally foil lined.

Terry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For any location that could get wet (Doors, under your carpet/vinyl) I would suggest a heavy rubber or loaded vinyl type of sound deadening, its waterproof and some of the best sound deadening for automotive use.

This stuff, thick, heavy, and normally foil lined.
What is the name of it and where can I buy it?

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0

Rockstar04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Ya, actual sound deadening is very expensive, so I would give Shane's Suggestion a shot if this you are on a budget, otherwise Google dynmat, or stinger sound deadening.

tylork92

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
elemental designs makes one of the less expensive optioned. they also have a liquid version (what i used) that works well also.

Terry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
elemental designs makes one of the less expensive optioned. they also have a liquid version (what i used) that works well also.
I wonder if Henerys roof patch would work as good as the paint on type on this web site? At any rate I have options for materials to use for the sound proofing. Where sould I put the sound deadening material? I believe the carpet is glued to the floor so that area will probably not get sound proofing.

03Fx4MN

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I got some Fat Mat off ebay 100 sq feet for 100 search it my truck has the floor doors and back wall and it really cut the road noise out by I'd say 75%

Tominator

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 S-Trim 450HP
Transmission
Manual
Back when I did mine, Dynomat was the only real choice and yep, it was expensive!

Sound deadening is a great way to improve not only the sound from your speakers, but like someone said, it cuts the interior noise drastically.

In my truck, and remember it is a 'high end' system you can barely tell there is anything special going on in the cab. But get in, shut the door and hang on! The crystal clear highs and lows combined with the ability to 'thump' with the best systems only dreamed about in a DD and all this would be a waste of money without some kind of sound deadning material.

Don't forget the headliner.

kryptonitecb

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
For the installation don't just put a layer of the stuff everywhere. You want to cut the insulation into sections and put it on until the panel your working on doesn't ting when you tap it anymore. As for the door, dynamat can get wet, the material doesn't absorb water like the stock jute does. Don't forget to seal everything while your at it, a layer if mass loaded vinyl on everything will help too.

Sent from the road while ignoring traffic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals