• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

whole front end rebuild

Deathlepricaun13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Some crazy lady ran a red and took out my beautiful truck, now I need to rebuild the whole front end. So far im pretty sure of all the parts I need. But where the fenders bolt onto is bent about 6 inches, the chassis got knocked to the side and took whatever bolted onto with it. Im pretty sure i can fix the frame as where it bent isnt really affecting much, but what do I do about the part the fenders bolt onto? I dont even know what that piece is called but its pretty much the sides of the engine housing under the fenders, ive googled and googled replacement parts for it but cant find anything. Any recommendations?...

Im really stuck here so any input would really help me out.

Deathlepricaun13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
the fender piece right here is whats bent and mangled. way to replace? or do i have to bend it all back cause idk if thats possible haha

(not my truck, just a pic off the internet for referance...)

Blueranger99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6, k&n box filter- this thing sucks... air
Transmission
Manual
you could pound it out with a hammer. i had a car that i hit a tree with (swerved because some pulled out turning left and cut me off- didnt even stop to see if i was ok) and that same part was bent about 3 in. everyone kept telling me that i had to take it to a frame shop to get it fixed. i got out the old bfh and whacked her back into place. i would place a block of wood up against it so you dont dent it all up with a hammer.

Deathlepricaun13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the suggestion. after you did that did your fenders line up decent? or did they look all out of whack? no pun intended haha

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
If your frame is bent I would suggest having it repaired the correct way. While whacking it with a BFH would help, it's probably not the most proper way to repair it. What if you have an accident with someone in the vehicle and they are killed? You're going to get a lawsuit on your ass if the issurance company finds that you fixed it the backyard way. I'm not trying to be a dick, just concerned about the safety of you and others on the road.

Deathlepricaun13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Im getting the frame fixed professionally, I was mainly refering to the part in the picture, the body under the fender.

Blueranger99

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l v6, k&n box filter- this thing sucks... air
Transmission
Manual
well mine wasnt 100 percent butit was decent, got the car back on the road though. you could get it pretty close with a little trial and error. does the part unbolt or is it one big piece on the frontend? i havent had my fenders off so i dont know how big it is. maybe you could go to a junkyard and pull it yourself.

Deathlepricaun13

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
It looks like one big piece, so getting one from a junkyard would be a mission requiring ripping apart damn near the whole truck im sure. haha

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals