• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My 3.0 Build

Jason_J

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This was orginally going to be a detailed "how to" thread covering the 3.0, I took a ton of pics throughout the entire process. Unfortunately, when you allow your teenage daughter to use the camera, shit tends to happen. So, my pics are gone, but it was a really simple and straight forward build. I got the truck from my brother for $500 and the motor seized the day after I got it licensed. So, I went to the local Pick and Pull and got a 3.0 out of a 2001 Taurus with 63k on it. I probably could have just popped it in and changed the head gaskets, but I wanted a new motor. So, I did a complete rebuild of the block, heads and fuel injection. I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I cracked it open and discovered that it's a roller motor, I am definately sold on Ranger's. I built the heads to stock specs with a polish, no port. Everything is bone stock with the exception of a mild grind on the cam. Anyway, in the end I am into this motor about $600, for a grand total of about $1100 for a basically new truck, you can see fron the pic it is in basically mint condition and even the interior looks brand new. Anyway, here are a few pics and I will snap a few more as I am hooking everything up.

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Looks great! Should be good for another 300,000 miles or so right?

jrw0215

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger Edge
Transmission
Manual
Haha, well oddly enough I ended up with that motor he pulled. The truck is super clean and he certainly did the rebuild right. Now go get some rollers and my tuner haha

Jason_J

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Made some more progress on my Ranger. Not exactly going as quickly as I would like. But, being a single dad of a disabled teenage girl kinda makes spare time sparse. So, I do what I can when I can, but I should be able to fire it up Saturday if not sooner.

Jason_J

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
All done and it runs great. Painted the diff cover while I had it off....LOL.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals