• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need to buy locking lug key - Anyone know brand?

Rangstang

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If it ain't broke, I can't fix it.
I bought this 99 Mountaineer as a donor for my 2000 Ranger 5.0L swap and the wheels are all secured with locking lug nuts (all friggin 20). Here's a pic of them. Any ideas what brand they are? I'd like to speak to a tech rep with the manufacturer to see if I can get a key....

Thanks.

bcost882

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2000, 2011
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L, 1.6L
Transmission
Manual
you could go up to autozone or advance. they usually have a couple different locks up there. and be ready to buy more than one cause if it was put on by he-man you might break it. and those kind strip out once in awhile if overtorqued too. so you might need a drill. Have fun

kaytbugsdad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
Looks like one of the tuner lock keys I have in my toolbox!!!!! If there is a custom wheel shop in your area, I would check with them......

lunkerman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991 Ranger 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
If you just want to get them off for good, find an impact socket that will be just slightly smaller than the locks and hammer it on. Then wrench it off, pound out the lock from the socket and repeat. Worked for me when I bought a used truck that had locks and no key.

lowkid92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
looks like mcgrath or gorrila tuner style lugnuts if you have a 6 point 17mm it should work. I got mine at a local discount tire company i'm sure they would give you a extra key

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
Forget it unless you believe in Vegas odds.

Example: We carry Dorman lug nuts. The locking ones have a single key in the package. There is a card to send off with $$$ of course to get a replacement. Dorman as an example for a single part number will have 50 or more different keys so I can't buy a pack of them and go on a freebe shopping spree for wheels and tires.

If you can drive it go to a tire center. For about $20 they will use a nut splitter on it and poof! you can replace them with locks or regular nuts.

REDRUM

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
what moron puts locks on ALL 20? (i know you bought it that way)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals