• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

3.0l oil pan replacement tips

rboutin2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Hey everyone. I have been reading a lot of posts about how yall are replacing your oil pan gaskets. I have a couple tips that help out a lot. First, on the 2wd 5 speed's it is easiest, to me anyways, to pull the tranny. Im pretty sure it might be a lil harder with auto tranny's. Next, unbolt the fan from the fan clutchsi it just free hangs on the shaft so it doesnt hit the radiator. Unbolt and remove the tranny. Now, instead of pulling motor mounts, put a bolt from the tranny back into the block, towards the top. Using either a jack or cherrypicker and strap/chain, lift the back of the motor up. The pan should come out snug, but it will come out. Be careful when using a jack and a short piece of 2x4, as it can slip. I have done this a couple of times now, and it has worked great everytime. Makes it a lot easier than pulling the motor. If i do another one in the future, i will post pics, and go a lil more in depth. I hope this helps some of yall. I know how much of a pain the oil pan is to do.

patrickfrd

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
re oil pan

this was very much helpful! i had to do my slave cylinder so i already had the transmission out, i just unbolted the passenger side motor mount and used a cherry picker like you said with the bolt in the back of the motor but i also lifted up the front of the motor with a jack and 2x4 on the balancer, spent about 2 hrs trying to get it, had a buddy stop over and would you know it he crawls under the truck and hands me the oil pan within seconds of maneuvering it out. Glad i found this before! was ready to pull the engine out along with the hair on top of my head

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals