• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

WARN 37780 hubs

Wasp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
4XFORD
I detonated a superwinch hub last night while out trout fishing. Fording a stream I had to descend a bank strewn with some rather hefty bones. One wheel got hung up on a flat sided monster I could not get on top of. While trying to extricate myself, I heard what sounded like a 22LR going off then the sounds of metal bits recocheting off the rocks up stream. Yep, that be my Superwinch hub shot out of a D35. So out came the winch rope, more then once, cause I still had some mud waiting for me down the trail. Normally no worries but even with a locker, not in 2 wheel drive. So I went online looking for replacements. I've heard of the venerable WARN 37780 D35 hub as the ones to get, so I ordered a set. My concern is, I have a 90 B2 that's everything but. It's basically a 94 Explorer disguised as a Bronco II. The D35 I have is out of a 95 Ranger with duel piston calipers. My question is, can I expect these hubs to work in the D35 I have now?

Cheers :beer:

J

RangerSVT

Oct 09 OTOTM
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
GT-40 5.0L EFI W/AC
Transmission
Automatic
Yes, it will work only on d35 axles...

SVT

Wasp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
4XFORD
Thanks, I should have them by Mon. or Tuesday of this week. Seeing as these hubs started life as Jeep D35 rear lock outs. Can anyone tell me why Jeep would have lockouts on the rear axle? So what do you do when they're disengaged, sit there and rev your engine pretending your going fast? I guess it saves on tire wear.... With that kind of thinking, just another reason not to buy a Jeep, lol :icon_rofl:

Last edited:

ab_slack

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Thanks, I should have them by Mon. or Tuesday of this week. Seeing as these hubs started life as Jeep D35 rear lock outs. Can anyone tell me why Jeep would have lockouts on the rear axle? So what do you do when they're disengaged, sit there and rev your engine pretending your going fast? I guess it saves on tire wear.... With that kind of thinking, just another reason not to buy a Jeep, lol :icon_rofl:
Maybe it is for the people who prefer front wheel drive?

One of the guys here at work has a Cherokee that busted rear drive shaft. For the past couple months he been using it to go back and forth to work putting it in 4WD and driving like a front wheel drive vehicle.

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Rear lockouts is an aftermarket conversion. It allows flat-towing of the vehicle behind an RV without it's driveline spinning (causing miles to accrue on it's odometer and other wear).

Wasp

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
4XFORD
Now that makes sense....

Once I have the lockers in and the D35 LSD stalled, that will make four Jeep item on the B2. So far I have a set of Jeep hood hold downs on the rear hatch to keep it from rattling. A set of XJ 6" lift coils and soon the lockers and the LSD Trac-Lok...

Junkie, You have any advice on how to set up the cluthes on the D35 Track-Lok? I've seen threads, not sure where, that talked about patterns of clutches and shims in 8.8 to beef up the traction of an LSD.

J

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
I answered you in your other thread. Use less or no friction modifier is all I got for a D35 L/S. However the tightest, most beefed-up L/S you can get will still never match the traction a true locker offers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals