• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

only have 2 oxygen sensors

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i bought my 00 3.0 manual with a custom exhaust and i have had this problem ever since i bought the truck. it starts up good but after it starts to warm up it runs extremely rich so bad it stalls it if i dont keep my foot on the gas. i was looking at the exhaust today it is a custom dual exhaust from the headers back. i noticed there is no catalytic converters and there is only 2oxygen sensors one for each side and there is none after where the cat should be i looked underneath and found what i think is a o2 plug would this be the problem with everything and is there anything i can do to fix it i really like the exhaust do i have to switch it back to a stock one or can iput in one of those o2 simulators anything would help thanks in advance

Lonewolf

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Automatic
i bought my 00 3.0 manual with a custom exhaust and i have had this problem ever since i bought the truck. it starts up good but after it starts to warm up it runs extremely rich so bad it stalls it if i dont keep my foot on the gas. i was looking at the exhaust today it is a custom dual exhaust from the headers back. i noticed there is no catalytic converters and there is only 2oxygen sensors one for each side and there is none after where the cat should be i looked underneath and found what i think is a o2 plug would this be the problem with everything and is there anything i can do to fix it i really like the exhaust do i have to switch it back to a stock one or can iput in one of those o2 simulators anything would help thanks in advance
. Mine has three O2 sensors
Not sure if this would cause the symptoms you describe , but I would wager a small bet on it (maybe $5-$10 with what I know, until I learn more)
If it were me , I would search for a crash and get the stock exhaust with three cats and the third o2 sensor because the price new is prolly in the $2000+ range for the pipes, muffler and three cats.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah thats what im going to do i was also thinking about an o2 simulator anyone ever used one and know if they work

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
yeah thats what im going to do i was also thinking about an o2 simulator anyone ever used one and know if they work

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
the down stream (after the cat) has no effect on how the engine performs, its job is to monitor the exhausts oxygen content and report its data back to the computer. if the o2 level drops below or goes above the computers preset values then it will trigger the CEL (check engine light) to let you know that something is wrong. if you have acces to a scan tool i would check the live data stream and compare the readings on the sensors to what they should be (these may be harder to find but with some e-searching you should be able to find them). ive seen bad temp sensors cause engines to run rich, dirty MAF sensors can send wrong info to the ECU as well. there has to be a reason why, but the rearmost 02 is not it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals