• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel Pump Wiring

pearldrumbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
Ok, bear with me, this has kind of a long set up.

I'm temporarily putting in a wire harness in a 93 Navajo because i want to hear the 4.0 run before i put it in my ranger....

So I got it all hooked up, with a couple extra wires that im not sure where they go, but it seems to be no big deal, the truck has power and will crank but not fire. Startig fluid makes it run for a few seconds. So I've determined it's not getting fuel.

When i turn the key to the on position, I dont hear the pump prime like it should, but a couple seconds later i hear the relays fire, and I've tested the relay off the truck and it should be good.

So far I've shorted the inertia switch to know for sure it's not that. Now I have 1 plug that I couldnt find a home for that I'm skeptical of. First of all, I followed the wire loom that goes above the tank (I'm just assuming that somewhere in there is the power for the fuel pump) and up to the front where it connects on the driver side fender and that is all plugged in. But i have a 4 prong connector on the pass side that looks like it should connect under the A/C junk and heater core somewhere but I cant find where. It has Black, Black w/ Yellow, Grn w/ Orange, and purple wires. Could this be what needs to be plugged in? I could not find what it plugs into when I ran the harness.

I'm almost certain it has something to do with this plug because teh only other plugs that dont have homes are on the driver side and seem unimportant. (I think they ahve to do with lighting because they only have 2 wires each)

Anyways, anybody have any ideas? Maybe its just a dead fuel pump? Does anybody know where the plug i described goes?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals