• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need help with ground locations on 3.0 vulcan

meck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 extended c
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I'm finishing up putting a 3.0 Vulcan into my 1994 Ranger. I've got the engine, frame, and body grounds attached, but there are two more that I don't know where they go. With the engine, but not attached to it, were two of the braided, flat ground wires. One is about 8" long with a clip on each end like it maybe went from the frame to something, but what. The other is 18" long with a connector for a bolt on each end. Can someone tell me where these would have been attached? Thanks.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Main Ground from battery goes to the engine, that's where the high amps flow, starter motor(60-70amps), and alternator 40-100amps

There should be a ground strap on the back side of engine, drivers side head to Firewall on V6 engines, thats the main ground for cab electrics

Inner fender ground should also come from battery terminal and it will have a jumper to Rad Support(head lights and horn)

Frame ground is for tail lights and sometimes fuel pump, but pump is usually grounded in cab near inertia switch.

One thing that is true...........never read about a problem of "too many ground" :)
So when it doubt ground it out

8" would be good for engine to cab ground strap

Longer could be engine to frame

Last edited:

meck

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 extended c
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals