• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

A mess of issues!

Reikat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So...

I've had my 1990 Bronco 2 for almost 5 years now. Around year 2 it developed the valve tick and lack of oil pressure, after getting stuck in the mud. It has other wise been fine until recently.

Now when I start it, when the engine is even slightly cooled down, it starts up, idles at around 1000 for a few seconds then when it wants to idle down it either chugs way down to about 200 rpms then back up or it just dies. It does this until it heats up. Also, after it does warm up and I get going, when ever I have it over 50% throttle it hits around 2500-3000 rpms and it feels like it runs out of air/gas or something it just puts the nose down and does not want to go and bucks a bit and stutters. It does this in any gear. I can not for the life of me figure it out!

It's not a vacuum leak. I searched high and low for it. I've replaced the TPS and IAC. I've checked the timing. The fuel pressure is steady. The back pressure is fine.

Any help or suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks!!!

Jecsd1

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
So...

I've had my 1990 Bronco 2 for almost 5 years now. Around year 2 it developed the valve tick and lack of oil pressure, after getting stuck in the mud. It has other wise been fine until recently.

Now when I start it, when the engine is even slightly cooled down, it starts up, idles at around 1000 for a few seconds then when it wants to idle down it either chugs way down to about 200 rpms then back up or it just dies. It does this until it heats up. Also, after it does warm up and I get going, when ever I have it over 50% throttle it hits around 2500-3000 rpms and it feels like it runs out of air/gas or something it just puts the nose down and does not want to go and bucks a bit and stutters. It does this in any gear. I can not for the life of me figure it out!

It's not a vacuum leak. I searched high and low for it. I've replaced the TPS and IAC. I've checked the timing. The fuel pressure is steady. The back pressure is fine.

Any help or suggestions would be awesome!

Thanks!!!
Have you checked the fuel pressure under load?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals