• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ugg. Another D35 question...sorry.

Demi_II

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Well I finally found a explorer front end with the 4.10 gears in it. Im gonna go grab that tomorrow. My question is about the hubs. The information on the hubs is kinda here and there it seems. Im fairly confident from my reading that what I need is #29071 WARN hubs, but let me know if Im wrong, because I got the cash to do this once.

Ref:
https://www.warn.com/truck/hubs/application_chart.shtml

What hardware do I need to get this all slapped together? Is there a hardware kit or some part numbers I should be looking at? If not, I can just shoot down to NAPA but I need to know what exactly Im asking for. Any help will be much appreciated.

Lastly, Im trying to understand, I just bolt the B2 driveshaft to the d35 pinion yoke right? Ive got a 4" lift so Ive read I dont need to modify the shaft. Is this all correct?

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
Warn pt# 29071 is the standard application for the D35 front hubs. Unless you plan to add a locking diff and oversized tires, those hubs should be fine for most uses.

Warn pt# 37780 will get you a much heavier-duty set of hubs however (strongly advised if you plan on a locker and tires 33" or bigger). #37780 is listed as for a Jeep application, however their fitment is 100% exactly the same as for #29071 (you will still need the same conversion parts if converting over from automatic hubs).

The conversion kit is Warn pt# 32720, however I think this kit is overpriced when you can get the same exact thing as Spicer pt# 28068X for around $10 - 15 (you will need one Spicer kit for each side).

See this post:
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16

Stock D28 driveshaft should be fine with the D35 if you have a suspension lift.

Demi_II

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Warn pt# 29071 is the standard application for the D35 front hubs. Unless you plan to add a locking diff and oversized tires, those hubs should be fine for most uses.

Warn pt# 37780 will get you a much heavier-duty set of hubs however (strongly advised if you plan on a locker and tires 33" or bigger). #37780 is listed as for a Jeep application, however their fitment is 100% exactly the same as for #29071 (you will still need the same conversion parts if converting over from automatic hubs).

The conversion kit is Warn pt# 32720, however I think this kit is overpriced when you can get the same exact thing as Spicer pt# 28068X for around $10 - 15 (you will need one Spicer kit for each side).

See this post:
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16

Stock D28 driveshaft should be fine with the D35 if you have a suspension lift.
Dude thank you so much, thats exactly what I was after. Many many thanks. Found both on amazon and placed the order!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals