• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

84 2.8 4 speed to FM145

twarner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'll apologize if this question has been answered many times before, I searched the threads but didn't find an answer. I have a 84 4 speed in the B2 with a bad shifter and I have a complete FM145 and Tcase from a B2. Is this a plug and play swap? Just wanted to gather up any parts and the invaluable knowledge here.
My B2 been waiting quite a while but it's turn has come. Just completed the duraspark conversion and changed to a 2150 carb with 1.08's and #38 jets. We are at 7800' so I installed the smallest jets I could find. Runs good, but hasn't been down the road yet.

Thanks!
Terry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
By 4 speed do you mean auto or manual? If you currently have an auto i believe you will need different driveshafts. Im pretty sure if you follow. The tech article on switching to the m5 od it will get you mostly through the swap. If you already have a manual it should be a straight forward swap.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

twarner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Tape measure shows a 2 in difference in the length of the FM145, so this would mean the rear shaft would need to be 2 inches shorter and the front 2 inches longer....I think. This sound right to everyone? Also the cross member will need to be relocated back one inch. That's what I see anyway.

Terry

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals