• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Worried what tools my wife is gettin me...

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
She's going on vacation so I'll have time to work on truck so Shes getting early fathers day gift. I told her I planned on painting truck, but wasn't sure which spray gun/air compressor to get. Plus I planne on getting an angle grinder and something specifically for drilling.
She said she knows what she's gettin me and laughed cause I was worried. Hehe... I told her don't go near walmart... Right now I just got a craftsman 1/2 drive socket wrench and a 3/8 one. No 1/4. I usually use my little inch lb craftsman cordless for small bolts/screws, and minor drilling. And I got a 345 ft/lb Dewalt impact gun, it's electric as I didnt wanna do air tools back then. It's all for do it myself stuff, I am no mechanic.
I got all the attachments I could ever want for everything, I just need additional tools for other jobs like cutting/drilling. I do not weld anything cept computer things and plastic with a soldering gun lol.

I hope she gets me stuff I need... She better... That way my $1,400.00 left can go to good use and none to tools.

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
What if she uses that $1400 on the tools? :icon_rofl:

Hopefully it is good stuff though.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Article Contributor
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
just get it yourself. i hate when my wife uses my own money to buy me something i don't like.

94 lngbd

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
maybe she wants to get power tools for the bedroom, would you be upset?:icon_rofl:

doorgunner

Lab Rat for V.A. hospital
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
2009 Truck of The Year
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
New Orleans (8' below sea level & sinking)
Vehicle Year
1934/1989
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
350+1
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
N/A
Total Drop
3/4
Tire Size
23570R15
My credo
JESUS Loves Ya!
my wifff & I worked that problem out long ago......we cut out lots of pictures or print pics off the internet of what she.........errrrr.....we each want for special days.....then we set a dollar limit on each other's purchases.....

:icon_rofl:

happy birfday to me......hapy birfday to meeeeeeee :icon_rofl: :yahoo:

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i dont buy my wife clothes, she doesnt buy me tools. she has a few times, but i was with her each time and picked out exactly what i wanted. then i 'd go out to the car and pretend i didnt know she was getting it

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Shell save receipts incase and she isn't using my money in a sense. Well not my truck money neways lol. I'm worried cause she's like "I know exactly what I'm getting you." awwwwwww shit!!!

RatDog8o8

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
"Printing/cutting pictures".....bah.

Tried that theory last Christmas; not with the other half, but her oldest son. He asked what I wanted for Christmas. "A new Shop-Vac" was the answer. Cut a pic out of the Menards ad, handed it to him. On sale, $40.

Cool.....

....silly me.

I got a $50 gift card to a local clothing store instead. Used it to buy some flannel-lined jeans; had to pay the tax on them myself.

I still need a new Shop-Vac.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I've found a good vac on crags list but useless to buy for occasional use... I'll just use mine on an extension cord.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Don't overlook tools from Autozone. I picked up a set of ratcheting wrenches and a small 1/4" drive ratchet set from there, their ratchets are WAY nicer than Craftsman (feel more like Snap-On), reasonably priced, and lifetime warranty.

zukirider21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Don't overlook tools from Autozone. I picked up a set of ratcheting wrenches and a small 1/4" drive ratchet set from there, their ratchets are WAY nicer than Craftsman (feel more like Snap-On), reasonably priced, and lifetime warranty.
i have a hard time believing this. just look at the new nextgen craftsman ratchets (the 84t ones).

88_Eddie

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 2000
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L, 4.0L
Transmission
Manual
i have a hard time believing this. just look at the new nextgen craftsman ratchets (the 84t ones).
naw man, the duralast crap is actually pretty good stuff. prices are pretty good and they have a lifetime warranty. i like craftsman too though. anything that will replace something free of charge for the life of the product is good in my book.

bilzy7

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
I snapped 4 socket wrenches from walmart and a couple from advanced auto. I do have one 40 dollar 1/2 ratchet from Craftsman, and a 3/8 ratchet from duralast. Duralast one is ok. I just trust it for smaller bolts. Made in USA, I'll trust it till it breaks over Taiwan and china any day.

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
I've gottin lucky so far I always have a list made up or I find it on the net and save it under favorites. Unless it really expensive I usually alway get what i want and I rarely don't already know about cause alot of time I just go and help pick it up. Her and her family has gottin me tools or something simular every year cause one thats usually what I want and i'm the family mechanic so the more the better. If they want the cars fixed I'm going to need the tools to get it done. I've already got Craftsman standard and metric ratcheting wrenches for this year on my list and have done showed the wife which ones they are. They only other tool I really need now besides those is a torque wrench and I'll settle for one from harbor freight for the price.

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I snapped 4 socket wrenches from walmart and a couple from advanced auto. I do have one 40 dollar 1/2 ratchet from Craftsman, and a 3/8 ratchet from duralast. Duralast one is ok. I just trust it for smaller bolts. Made in USA, I'll trust it till it breaks over Taiwan and china any day.
Me and my brothers break craftsman tools all the time just with normal wrenching.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals