• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Falken Wildpeak/Rocky Mountain AT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
alright, this is my short review on the falken wildpeak AT, also called the Falken Rocky Mountain AT (discount tires name for the tire, exact same tire)
I have ran BFG AT before, as well as some random brand M+S mud tire. some cheap no name tire.

This is just a quick run through on my thoughts. Anything specific you want to know, reply here and i will go more in depth.

By far my favorite tire. way better than anything else ive ever run for the conditions i run in.

Highway/Daily driving:
Absolutely amazing. stupid quiet. these things are so damn quiet you could have your head sticking out the window, and you still wouldn't hear them. incredibly smooth as well. blew my mind how snooth and quiet they are.

Dry gravel/Dirt roads:
TONS of bite on gravel and dirt. they hook up so well, I actually had to apply quite a bit of throttle to get them to spin when taking corners. these tires made driving the backroads so much more fin, and confident.

Wet Gravel/Dirt:
on wet gravel and dirt roads, that have maybe 1-3" of loose gravel/mud on them, these things are insanely good as well. zero issues with sliding sideways at speed. they dont throw large chunks of mud either like a mud tire would, so that was kinda nice as well. zero need for 4x4 in those situations. Where before, id need 4x4 to keep the truck in a straight line. these tires clean incredibly well, and bite down hard.

snow/slush on road:
in snow and slushy conditions on the highways, the things do very very well. wont be as good as a true dedicated winter tire, but who cares, i aint buying an extra $1000 set of tires just for winter lol. the slushy conditions are not an issue as the tread design lets the wet snow escape.

snow offroad:
hitting the loose powder drifts off road, or the deep hard pack snow these things are pretty damn good as well. they love loose powder. they just eat right through it. However, the deeper hardpack snow they are not the greatest. not the worst either though. better than the BFG's for sure. almost got stuck when i sank in 2' of hard crusty snow, however with generous throttle, and sterring motions the tires were able to dig through it, and get me unstuck. so i say thats a success. With mud tires however, it would have dug through easier.

deep mud:
have not yet had these tires in anything deeper than 1' of mud. so i cannot comment on deep mud. However, in 1' they do pretty damn good as well. depending on your mud type, 4x4 may or may not be needed. For me, it was. we ahve clay mixed in with our mud up here, so 4x4 was needed. tires did clean very well though. no issues there. will hopefully get some really deep stuff this spring to test them in.

Overall impressions:
LOVE these tires. will never run any other tire again on a daily driven rig. I drive 140 miles a day for work (70 miles there, 70 miles back) so the insanely good on road manners of these tires make them an obvious choice. however i do not sacrifice offroadability either. win-win in my opinion. The tires come with a 50,000 mile tread wear warranty. I have about 18,000 miles on mine, and they are no where near half tread yet. they are so good in fact, that when i upgrade to 33's after my body lift, i'll be getting the exact same tires. And i do plan on doing a lot more offroading this year.

so, any specific questions on certain conditions, let me know and i will try to answer to the best of my ability. thanks.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I put a set of the Wildpeak H/T tires on a customers 1 Ton dually and he came back to say that he loved them. He got caught in Chicago in a blizzard but had no problems with traction even with a tri axle trailer.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I put a set of the Wildpeak H/T tires on a customers 1 Ton dually and he came back to say that he loved them. He got caught in Chicago in a blizzard but had no problems with traction even with a tri axle trailer.
yeah the tread compound they use is great. dont know if its the same on the HT as my AT, but i love it.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
update time.

with the spring melt going on, there is mud everywhere. Truck was covered in mud before ti rained.

deepest stuff I found was about 1.5' deep. and real mud, not dirty water with a bit of mud. tires did excellent. considering its an all terrain, I never imagined I would get through what I did. No pics as I was by myself.

thing to remember with these tires is, since they are all terrains you gotta keep moving. if I woulda stopped in the middle of it, i most likely would not have gotten out (wasn't gonna try it though, was by myself)

then, last night it rained for a bit, then turned to snow. was a good 1-2" of slush on the highways. Most slush ive seen to date with these tires. Handled like there was nothing there. Keep in mind i still have the 300 lbs in my bed from winter driving. but even with that and my old tires, would still slip. these, nothing. they channel water/slush away like its not even there. fantastic.

Ratings:

Deep Snow: 4/5
Ice: 4/5
Packed snow: 5/5
Dry Pavement: 5/5
Gravel/dirt roads: 5/5
Light Mud: 4/5
Deep Mud: 3.5/5
Rocks (4" dia.+): 4/5

Fantastic tires. Truly are the best All terrain i've driven with. and i've driven vehicles with all the popular ones.

for a daily driver weekend warrior, you cannot get a better all around tire.

If you like playing in the deep mud however, stick to a mud terrain.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Found more mud. Suuuuper sticky stuff.

The nice thing about these tires is it throws small chunks. Not big ones like mud tires do.

06RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
i love these tires for my truck. ive also rang BFG AT's, Kuhmo KL71's, Wrangler terretories and now these.

Last winter i needed no weight in the bed, the truck didnt slide around like it used to with the BFG's, the tread doesnt chip off like the BFG's and ive even had air time on them wiht no problems.

I'll easily buy a second set for these, they are a amazing tire.

Only down side is they are heavy. my 33's are probably in the 75lbs per corner ranger with a steel wheel.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yes. They are a tad on the heavy side. I think that's due to the super tough sidewall.

My 32's on steelies when I weighed them were 71 lbs each. My 31's on factory Alcoa's were I think somewhere around 59 lbs each.

But totally worth it. I had weight in my bed this winter, always will due to how much highway I travel, and the ice+wind doesn't matter what tire you have you'll slide. But with these, they did damn good. Comparable to duratracs IMO.

Will never run a different AT unless someone comes out with something better, for a comparable price.

97fordrunner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
did they affect your fuel MPG since they are heavier? Looking at getting them on my wifes Jeep Commander

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
How do these compare in price to the other models you are comparing them to?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Can't say about MPG as I also did a tuner, and exhaust at the same time.

Completely stock I was getting 20 ish MPG as a best on the highway, now my best I can get is 22 highway. Due to taller profile. Weight doesn't really affect it. Not that much.

As far as price, way cheaper. Honestly, these things could cost more than its competitors and I'd still buy them. It's just a bonus that they are cheaper.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Just figured I'd update this. Have about 40K miles on em. I got lazy about 15k miles ago and stopped rotating them numb move but anyways.

Two tires (fronts) have about 9/32's tread left, and the rears have about 7/32's left.

So safe to say if I'd been rotating I'd have about 8/32's all around. After 45k miles.

Brand new they had 17/32's tread depth.

Still love them, am replacing them with 33's before winter. Unless I get a good deal on something else of course. (Always looking for a deal lol)

They did slightly increase in noise, but still the quietest tire I've run on a truck. Heck they're quieter than my laters vans tires.

Still have awesome traction everywhere as well. I was worried they would get slightly worse due to the edge tread blocks not going as feel as the rest, but no issues there yet.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals