• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Coyote swap need help

SPEED RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
Ok so the engine will fit easily my only problem is i can't find the specs for a manual transmission i want to set up my 1998 ranger before the engine and transmission install at least as much as possible but currently i have a 2.5l with manual transmission and does any think i should change the differential as well or just service it personally i think if i keep the old dif. im setting myself up for pulling it any way i have a heavy foot so chances of busting the pinion is very likely and hints tips or information of any kind would be appreciated also doing computer sway with harness as well so overall its going to have the power house of a 2014 mustang with the looks of a ranger step side thanks

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is a long sentence...

I would ditch the 7.5 in a heartbeat. The 7.5 is decent for a mild V8 but the Coyote isn't a mild V8.

Explorer 8.8 is the same 31 spline as the Mustang had but fits nice. '95+ has factory disk brakes.

Last edited:

SPEED RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
Thanks for the info i was thinking to swap out for disk brakes but also wasn't sure if i had to do a conversion or not. Glad to know someone out there shares my passion for a stronger ranger.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
With the stock tune a Coyote is almost twice the power mine is running if it was new. :3gears:

SPEED RANGER

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Transmission
Manual
Fear

Now my only fear is not having enough weight in the back

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
What trans spec's you looking for? They are out there on Google. I just picked up my third Mustang with the Coyote and manual.
Dave

willy

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 explorer
Transmission
Automatic
I would definitely put the explorer 8.8 in as far as trans go if its 2wd just run the mustang trans as its ment for a coyote clutch and flywheel parts will be easy to source ford racing offers a standalone computer for the coyote but dosent offer auto trans functions so your stuck with a manual or running an older auto if you wanted to go that route
O and you will have plenty of weight in the back and if you get an explorer 8.8 get the limited slip version 1 wheel wonders are no fun

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals