• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

410 rear differential rebuild

90mphsucks

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
how much should it cost to have my rear diff rebuilt at ford? does $1500 sound about rite?

lvwill

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Engine Size
2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
265/65/17
try to find a driveline shop in your area. i paid less than $900.00 including 4.88 gears

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I have my Bronco's front diff at the axle shop right now for a full rebuild. It's going to cost me $450 total, parts and labor. But he's re-using my stock ring and pinion, and just doing bearings and seals.

Dune Runner

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1999 4.0
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had 4 Wheel Parts do the 8.8 in my Mustang a while back. It was $300 labor + parts.

Cam10

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 EFI
Transmission
Manual
Ford is too over priced. And yea, 1500 wouldn't surprise me. I myself am an apprentice working at the local ford dealership, and although they haven't started me on doing diffs yet, I have heard some scary numbers come from just replacing the rear end clutch packs on the new half tonnes all within the hour and a half it takes me to do them.

personally, I would look to a reputable gear center with a decent rate. When I did the d28 in my ranger, I had sourced all of my own parts and did it myself.

The majority of the costs I hear about at work, quite often gives me the chills. And on another note, and depending on how old your rear end is, ford may not even be able to get anything. Usually they can piece a package together with whatever they can find, but allot of the time ford doesn't supply formal kits period. So my dealership often looks to the gear center in red deer for kits and gears.

good luck.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals