• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 Splash Replacement wheels

digitaldog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
My daughter (17) has a 94 Ranger Splash 2wd - 5spd. It has custom wheels running a set Futura GLS 235/60R 15 that need replaced. (Shredded the sidewall yesterday) However, I'm not finding much of a selection in that size.

We live in Northeast and I'd like to get her a good set of all-Season radials with excellent wet / light snow traction. I'm thinking to get better tires I need to go up in size, I'm seeing 'compatible' wheels up to 18", but I don't know if these will just bolt on or not.

We're in the middle of buying a new house, so I just don't have a couple grand to throw into wheels / tires & Mods to make the new wheels fit.

Can someone tell me what size wheels will just bolt on, and / or recommend a good tire for wintery conditions.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
Did she take out the rim too? I'd just replace the tire if you're on as budget. If you do need new rims get the basic "wagon wheel", "D window" or spoke rims, they come in all sorts of different names, or "modular" wheels (basically the same thing, just a round hole instead of a triangle). Should be around $40-$50 shipped, maybe more depending on brand.

*edit: 5 on 4.5" pattern

As for tire size, try a 215/65R15. Lots more options, a little smaller, but are only .1" diameter smaller (26" vs 26.1"). Which there is a larger difference in a new tire vs a worn out one.

You said it has custom wheels, the only thing would be their width.

235/60R15 recommends a 6.5"-8.5" width.
215/65R15 recommends a 6.0"-7.5" width.

So if they're 7" rims (common) you should be good, but 8" rims are also common. Which may or may not work, the smaller tires get more picky about their rim widths.

And lastly, nothing wrong with a set of stockers (which should be 15x7). Cruise around the local wrecking yards, I bet you can find rims for $30, maybe $20 a pop. Hell, maybe even a decent set of the right size tires too (do check the date code and inspect them carefully).

On a 2wd truck, a 30" tall tire is realistically the largest you're going go. But when significantly altering tire size, remember you need to also change the speedometer.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals