• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Totaled!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4Cyl, 2.9 EFI V6
Transmission
Manual
Well shit.. I got T-Boned this evening because apparently some people don't know how to drive.. IDK if its totaled or not but it looks like the back axle is bent and the passenger side quarter panel is pretty tore up.. The tire is popped and the rim is bent and torn.. My buddy is in the hospital and I am sore as all get out.. Any advice on what to do especially concerning the axle and the body work would be appreciated to.. Pictures to come in the morning.

Gary101386

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yikes! Sorry to hear! Important thing is everyones ok...

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4Cyl, 2.9 EFI V6
Transmission
Manual
Yeah my buddy just has a concussion but he already had one of those.. Im just sore.. Nothing hurt but my feelings!

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
If the back is bad, replace the axle and make it a truggy!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4Cyl, 2.9 EFI V6
Transmission
Manual
The only thing that is torn up on the body is the quarter panel.. but idk how easy it is to replace those.. Im probably gonna throw a bigger axle under there too..

xr75er

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986/1998/1994/
Make / Model
ford/dodge/ford
Engine Size
2.9 stock
Transmission
Automatic
gotta love it. where a parent like me would be concerned about the wellfare of you (as I was for my son) You wonder about how to fix or upgrade after a major accident!:headbang: Nothing but respect for all the guys and few girls on this site!!!!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The only thing that is torn up on the body is the quarter panel.. but idk how easy it is to replace those..
It is totalled. :sad:

You can't pay a bodyshop to do dit squat to a first gen (or probably up to a third gen by now) without exceeding the value.

Mine was pretty clean back in '01 when it got totalled over 12 hail dings in the hood. :annoyed:

tjs4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Sux to hear that you got in a crash. At least everyone seems to be ok though. Hopefully your buddy will be fine.

I wouldn't worry about the rig....go find another one. By the time you spend all that money to fix it, you prolly could find a decent one somewhere. You could always part it out...

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4Cyl, 2.9 EFI V6
Transmission
Manual
Yeah I guess I just have shitty luck with trucks.. Im thinking about finding an extended cab 1st gen 4x4 ranger.. there are a few in my price range on CL around here any thoughts or things I should look for on those?

gfxbss

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997/ 1998
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L/ 2.5L
Transmission
Manual
You should be able to take partial money, and keep the BII. I've done it twice w/ my '98 Ranger. I've been in 9 accidents in that thing, two my fault. I've been paid out over $8000 on it, w/ two totals. Considering I paid $4000 for it in '04, I'm pretty happy.

Either way, I would personally take partial money for the total, and keep the BII. Then if you need, buy another truck w/ the money and keep the BII and fix it up as you have time/money.

Just my $0.02, good luck and glad to hear you're OK.

Gfx.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1988, 1987
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4Cyl, 2.9 EFI V6
Transmission
Manual
Got a word back from all-state today. The guy came and looked at my BII when I wasnt home. He decided it was a "total loss" or in other words totaled.. They still havent decided liability but if they are liable he offered me 1222 for the total or for the owner retains he offered me 800 and some odd dollars.. we will see. Im probably gonna end up keeping my truck and fixing it up, unless anyone has any better ideas! I would love to be able to find a extended cab 1st gen ranger but if I dont then Ill be keeping my BII. Does anyone know how much a 7.5 axle from the JY would cost any thoughts are appreciated!

PetesPonies

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
2.3l
Transmission
Manual
What is totaled to an insurance company doesn't mean its totaled to you. have them pay you the value of the vehicle, then buy it back at scrap value. This is done all the time.

elpoffroad

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
a 7.5 shouldnt come out to much but minus well upgrade to a 8.8 in the process... i just gave a 7.5 with a posi to the scrap metal since it was just taking up space. For the axle i would expect anywhere from 150 to 250 at a junk yard maybe even less since the 7.5 arent really sought after.:icon_thumby: good luck i would keep it and fix it up if it a reliable truck chop the back do a small flat bed and enjoy it.:icon_welder:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just watch around.

I pulled a disk braked 8.8 with limited slip and springs out of a guys Explorer for $100. I threw the price at him (lowballing) and he didn't even flinch.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals