• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

lift question

ltuck808

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just did a 2 inch coil spacer on my bII and now with my bigger tires it pulls all over the plqce like the roads have ruts. My aligbment is off a bit. If I switch lanes or hit the paint at all it just jams to that side. Maybe my tires are toed in..would that cause this? Any info please help. I also ordered brand new upper and lower ball joints for both sides. Please give any info! thanks

Reaction score
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Anytime you raise or lower a vehicle it affects the steering and the way your tires wear.
I'm not sure if a 2 inch suspension lift requires additional modifications such as longer tie rods or not.
Someone else will have to answer that. If not, just take it to a alignment shop and they will striaghten everything for you.

Last edited:

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you need camber bushings and a alignment. other wise say bye-bye tires. you'd be lucky for them to last 5000 miles with a spacer to be installed on a ttb.

ltuck808

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'm not worried about tires I'm worried about how it drives

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Get it aligned.. That'll help.

Wider tires seem to "walk" a little more when hitting ruts also. Mine used to pull a little when hitting groves in the road; but I don't notice it to much now. After a good alignment it helped a lot.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals