• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Need advice on tires & rims

Midnight Rider

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 & 2001
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 2.5
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1985 ranger 4x4 with 235/75/R15 on it. A friend of mine has a set of tires and rims I want to buy. The rims are 15 x 10 with Cooper Discover 31 x 11.50 tires. My question is can I fit a smaller tire on these rims. I don't really want to mess with a lift kit right now, but he only wants $150.00 for all four tires and rims. The back is fine with these tires and rims but the front will rub, but the rims are real nice. Please advise me if you can, thanks. Also I heard someone talking about back spacing what is this, and should I be concerned about it?

Last edited:

Skeleranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
your tires are only about 9.5 inches wide so they wouldnt fit on the 10 inch rim. Thats still really cheap tho, mite want to just pick them up for the future. Backspace should be a concern as it is the distance from the back lip of the rim to the mounting pad or hub. it determines how far the wheel will be kicked out.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals