• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Keyless entry

cjk5063

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Would a 99 xlt have keyless entry as a factory option? I bought private party and did not receive a key fob, but it has power door locks and windows.

Thanks in advance.

cjk5063

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet thanks. Are there any tell tales based on other options that might indicate Id have a RAP module? Or, where can I locate it if equipped?

Considering picking up an aftermarket fob but don't want to waste the money if no rap module is in the vehicle.

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It depends on what you have, '99 Ranger XLT can be 2WD, 4WD, manual or automatic, regular or extra cab, don't think engine size would matter, but...........
They often put things in different places in the same year depending on model/options.

I think you can download Ford Manuals for free at a Ford site, it would have that info I think.

sheltonfilms

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Its in the back of the cab behind the carpet on a 1999.

If it has power locks/windows it has the raps module.

Best way to tell is to act like you are programming a fob. If the doors lock unlock after doing this, all you need is a fob.

1.Close all doors, then open drivers door and press the Unlock button on driver’s door while it is open, insert key into ignition.

2.Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 8 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode. (if the door locks do not cycle, then it was done incorrectly. You must start over by removing key and beginning from step 1)

(Off is the position where you can remove your key, RUN is the position just shy of starting your car.)

cjk5063

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks Shelton, I'll give it a shot.

cjk5063

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Its in the back of the cab behind the carpet on a 1999.

If it has power locks/windows it has the raps module.

Best way to tell is to act like you are programming a fob. If the doors lock unlock after doing this, all you need is a fob.

1.Close all doors, then open drivers door and press the Unlock button on driver’s door while it is open, insert key into ignition.

2.Turn ignition from OFF to RUN 8 times within 8 seconds, with the 8th time ending in RUN. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming mode. (if the door locks do not cycle, then it was done incorrectly. You must start over by removing key and beginning from step 1)

(Off is the position where you can remove your key, RUN is the position just shy of starting your car.)

So I'm able to get the truck into programming mode, but when I press a button on the new fobs, nothing happens?

Any ideas? They and their batteries are brand new.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals