• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

HELP.. wipers don't work

dragginNCrds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
my wipers have quit working and i have tried everything i can think of.. i pulled the multi switch out and tested everything with a ohm meter... changed the relays under the hood.. i am at a lost and i can't find a complete diagram for that system.. i am working on a 05 Ranger edge 2wd 3.0l please let me know if there is anything you can help with..

dragginNCrds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
everything i have read says a 05 dosent have the GEM module

rtg143

U.S. Military - Veteran
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4l
Transmission
Automatic
I looked it up on my diagrams and they show pretty much the same. I can't send the diagram I have bur it shows the same.

dragginNCrds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok.. all the wires at the relays are getting power.... and i have jumped the relays and the wipers move so i know its not a ground or a motor issue.. the multi switch puts out voltage... I'm at a lost..

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
The motor has a end switch and full time power. Do you have full time power with the key on to the wiper motor? Trace that circuit.
Scroll down to 4 of 7 in power distribution you system should be similar. The module provides a pulse to the wiper motor and after the end switch closes the motor stays running until the end switch opens to stop the wipers in the down position.
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/EDiagrams/index.htm

Last edited:

kimcrwbr1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Automatic
After more research your wiper motor has the module built into it if you have key on hot to the motor the motor probably needs replaced. Be sure and disconnect the battery before removing any bolts. Check that the wiper motor is getting power with the multifunction switch on high speed (2) also.

Last edited:

dragginNCrds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i checked voltage at the motor.. i have power in pin 2 (Wiper High/low output Low)
Pin 4(power and run or acc) and then a good ground.. i didn't check pin 5 for the run park relay but i didn't have power on pin 1( Wiper High/Low output High)

would this mean i need a new multi switch.. because i check that spot at the relay and didn't have power there and the wire ohmed out good..

dragginNCrds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i also checked pin 5 and do not have power coming out the relay for that either..

dragginNCrds

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
come to find out it was fuse #6 for the radio my radio is aftermarket and was hard wired to another circuit thats why i didn't know it was blown.. thanks for your help though

rtg143

U.S. Military - Veteran
ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.4l
Transmission
Automatic
Glad to hear that it's fixed. Thanks for the update.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals