• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Acclerator cable

NPdarkside21

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
3.0 V6
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/75/R15
My credo
Work Smarter not Harder
so I've noticed some play in my accelerator cable and decreased throttle response. The cable has some play in it and I think the springs are worn out (I have no idea how old the cable is), and I just want to replace it. I have the 2WD 3.0 V6 FlexFuel XLT model and would like to just replace it but can not seem to find it. any suggestions or luck buying off-brand/aftermarket? If so, please send me a link or a good how-to guide on how to fix this.

telsar

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 93 3.0 and my cable was coming apart on the throttle body end. Anyway, they don't make them in any way shape or form. So I added a few tie wraps and its good enough. Perhaps some day I will figure out what is close enough to work from some other ford. Any way, do the mod.

magrasjc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hello!
We seem to have related problems.
I assume the throttle body ,on top of the intake manifold,
is the base of the black plastic accelerator module. The air intake also connects on the 3.0L any way.
Under the accelerator module is a pulley with wire spooled around it and a 4in spring. How is the spring and pulley arranged?
Yes that reconstruction of accelerator module article is mine.

Thx in advance,
JC Magras

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals