• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Front Drive Shaft

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well I just finished replacing my transmission and that is working great! :) Now it seems I have a new issue I had not previously had before replacing my transmission. When I reinstalled my front driveshaft and transfer case I found the front driveshaft was sitting on a awkward angle? But I continued and when I went to drive the truck it was making some nasty noise the faster I went the rotations of the noise increased... So I removed the front driveshaft and took it for a test drive and all is well... Anyone have any takes on what it could be?? I hammered the coupling of the driveshaft to remove it before? Or maybe it wasnt installed properly into the transfer case? Like I said previous to replacing the transmission I never had issues. I removed the Tcase and driveshaft together as one and left it on a skit for a week. Then reinstalled it. Any suggestions?

ianyboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 L
Transmission
Automatic
rotate your front drive shaft by 180 deg compared to your previous install, should be ok after this. the 2 u-joints on your front driveshaft were out of sync

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Dam I already removed it. I dont know which way I had it on, Ill try both ways. It looked like there was alot of play in the driveshaft on the transfer case end.

knucksfirst

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
No the ujoint is good, its the end of the shaft at the transfer case it has a boot then the gear at the end of it. Maybe it wasnt pushed in all the way.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals