• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Night from hell with my B2!!

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Well here are a few pics I have taken while the bronco was out of commission.

here is a pic of my buddy welding in my exhaust. Thought it looked pretty cool plus he liked it enough to frame it and put it up in his shop :D

Once the exhaust was done we were messing around with a few pieces of scrap metal and came up with a front bumper for my truck that was going to be temporary but I might just leave it on there.

I hated to waste the fog lights I bought so I had to integrate them in somehow. It looks funny off the truck but on the truck its not too bad. Plus once i can accumulate more scrap I will run a piece of tubing like a bull ring across the middle to mount more fog lights too.

That is the hitch we put on it so that I can attach my winch when needed.

This is it with my lights in it.

And this is after we bed lined it. The bedliner isn't a bad way to go but because it has been cold down here lately it has taken days to dry.

Next step is to make mounts to bolt it to the truck. My buddy wanted to weld it but I am not a fan of that because if it breaks on the trail its a simple bolt replacing but if it breaks with a weld then its not so simple to fix on the trail.

Also the bumper is only 1/4" angle iron so it is a real simple design plus it is as strong as an ox alone but when we reinforce it with my frame it will be even stronger. I believe it is right around 48" long so it really sits right between the head lights roughly. Once I get the mounts made I will post more pics of it on the truck.

I am going tonight after work to replace the fuel regulator on my truck and see if that is the issue I will post videos I took of my truck acting up so if you happen to experience the same issue you will know.

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
http://youtu.be/qtX8LOTTcXE

This video was of me driving down the road when the truck started to act up again. You will here a lot of popping and at the end you will hear a loud backfire before i pick the camera up.

http://youtu.be/XVyRgXIWMpo

This video was after I pulled off the road and was waiting for the tow truck to come get me. I was trying to rev the engine but it kept bogging down and back firing.

In both of the videos yes I know my gas gauge says it's empty but thats because my sending unit isn't any good. I have been told by numerous people that the problem was I was out of gas :annoyed:

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Well put the new regulator in and the b2 is running great! Now i can get back and address my radius arm issue!

LIMA BEAN

TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Well put the new regulator in and the b2 is running great! Now i can get back and address my radius arm issue!
FTW :headbang:

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Well it ran good for about 20 minutes now its back to the sputtering. The exhaust doesnt smell like gas anymore but its still messing up. Guess its another week with no B2:dunno:

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Well we are looking at the fuel pump relay first and then we're gonna work our way back to the pumps and see where the issue is. Me and my buddy are both at a lost with this truck.

dieseldane

Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it doesn't fit, force it!
Replace the O2 sensor. On my brother in law's truck the fuel pressure regulator failed just as yours did, and it fouled out the O2 sensor in the process. Changed that and it ran like a champ.

country0001

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford,Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Did u ever change the fuel filter?

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
No haven't changed filter because our previous problem was too much fuel. We're starting with the fuel pump relay and work our way back and see if we have a constant flow of fuel. I have found 1 o2 sensor is that it?

dieseldane

Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B2
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
If it doesn't fit, force it!
Yeah, there is only one I believe. It doesn't use the O2 until the vehicle warms up, and even then only some of the time, so it might not seem like it's acting up when you first start driving.

EDIT: Don't know if it will help or not, but here's my thread for that problem when I had it. http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113380

Last edited:

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I hope that is my issue like i said it ran good for about 20 minutes then started to sputter at the time the o2 sensor was disconnected i connected it back and no change. Do i have to reset the computer after connecting the sensor back or should it be ok just plugging it in?

jkufen

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1986, 1991
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I really need to get this truck running but dont have the extra cash to take it to a real mechanic so my buddy and i are just troubleshooting it changing parts and $200 later i still have the same issue. Really wish i just had the funds now for a 302 or 351 swap and be done with it but i gotta wait for tax return hopefully!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals