• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1989 bronco II

89bII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 1989 ford broncoII xlt with auto trans manual lockout hubs and manual shifter in the floor but have a problem i lock the warn hubs in put it in nutral an put the t case in 4 hi or 4 low and front end does nothing if i turn the wheels i can hear like a grinding noise or more like a tire rubbing but still dont get 4wd the dash light comes on in both low and high and goes off in 2 hi... i need some help asap have a month old baby girl and weather is getting bad an its hard to get out of our drive way

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a- either the hubs arent catching, or b ur front end is shot

disciplerocks

July 2011 OTOTM Winner
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Check all your u-joints on your axle shafts. If they are good, I would go pick up another set of hubs from the junkyard. You have a Dana 28 front axle and manual hubs are much easier to find than the later Dana 35.

89bII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok i just checked all u joints and drive shaft i figured since the ground is covered in snow i would leave the hubs unlocked an put t case in 4wd and front axel spun so i locked the hubs an front axel still spun... so i thaink u are both right about the hubs not working right i did have it in some deep snow in 09 and didnt use them till about september this year when i took it hill climbing an got into a mud pit but i dont think they worked then either

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals