• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger Numbers ID Site

fiftyv8

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Guys, I am new to all this.
I have just inherited a complete Ranger chassis with running gear in a swap deal.
I know it is a V6 3.0 liter engine from the covers and it has an auto tranny, but where can I look to check numbers etc to find out exactly what I have ended up with.

I got to say I am over whelmed by the wiring harness that came with it.
Is there any where that I can check to find out where everything goes or what I can cut out of it.
I plan to use the running gear in an older 1960's style Ford vehicle.

Thanks for any leads. Russ.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Have a Ford dealer run the VIN, they should be able to tell you every detail of the truck.

fiftyv8

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I dont believe it has VIN as there is no body just the chassis and driveline.
If there is a VIN on the chassis Id be very pleased to be told where to find it.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Only other place I know for a fact the VIN is located on a Ranger is within the PCM (on 1996 and newer). If you have the PCM there is a chance the dealer can hook up the PCM and retrieve the VIN. Problem there is they may need it all connected through the wiring harnesses so they can access it through the OBD2 connector.

fiftyv8

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I want to post a reply with a couple of pic's but I dont see an ATTACH icon to start the browse and download process.
Am I missing something or does this forum not allow pic's in these chat rooms.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Need to use something like photobucket to put your pictures on the web. Once your pictures are on the web you link them here in your posts.

Toms01PSD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Only other place I know for a fact the VIN is located on a Ranger is within the PCM (on 1996 and newer). If you have the PCM there is a chance the dealer can hook up the PCM and retrieve the VIN. Problem there is they may need it all connected through the wiring harnesses so they can access it through the OBD2 connector.
Yep. You can retreive it with a scan-tool. If everything is hooked up still all you need is a battery hooked up to be able to retreive the VIN from the PCM.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals