• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ugh my luck...brokein manifold bolts.....

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
welp 5 outa the bolts ending up brakein off in the head!!! tryed heatin them with no luck. This is on my new engine to is what is killin me. I have done ever thing gettin this truck ready for the engine to be put it. Let alone had a time findin one. So I got my old engine that the bolts came out smooth as butter. SO im thinkin bout jus swapin the heads and was wanting to know if this gasket set will work? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/91-00-FORD-TAURUS-TEMPO-TOPAZ-SABLE-3-0-HEAD-GASKET-SET-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a669381d8QQitemZ250829046232QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
ok. thanks for clearing that up.....now to find a set that aint 80 bucks from adavance. any body got a link to a cheaper one.

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
thanks but would this work with a 98 engine?

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
welp thank god my luck change abit this moreing..Ending up heating up what was left of the bolts with the acy/oxy torch and took a pipe wrench and got them out:yahoo:

stmitch

March 2011 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Glad to hear you're having some better luck!
I would definitely try and stick with the newer upper intake manifold/throttle body. Ford redesigned them for 98, and the torque increased 16lb-ft (according to the tech library). I don't think that's a coincidence. Plus, you can port/polish them for even more gains. The correct gasket that fits between the lower and upper intakes is only $20ish from Ford, so it's definitley worth it imo.

locovaca

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I spoke with my friend at Ford and he says the gaskets will work, but the intake plenum gasket is different. In 98 Ford redesigned the plenumm, but the 91-97 3.0 plenums are the same. Just reuse the upper and lower intake manifolds from your 97 and use the 98 heads and you will be good to go.
The redesigned upper intake did not have redesigned gaskets. My truck has a gasket set for a 93 with a 98+ intake, and Rock Auto says that they all interchange up to the '01 intake (when they went composite).

jarfly

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
welp the bad luck streak hit again on this thing.lol went out ot day to clean my engine out(got water in it somehow) was crankin it by hand and it locked bad...endin up pulling the head and fount a small pieace of metal on the #6 piston must have got in there some how been sittin with the intake off for a few days. so I had to get a gasket set..Ebay 35 bucks..

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals