• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

1995 ranger splash and 1997 ranger xl suspension swap question??

Madman2021

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
There's a guy parting out a 1995 ford ranger splash and I have a 1997 ford ranger xl. What do I need off of that ranger to lower mine like a splash? Same exact truck almost. Except his is a step side bed.

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Ummm..........

I may be wrong, but I don't think there's any difference in the suspension, the splash is just a different grill painted same color as the body & some decals.

I'm sure if I'm wrong, somebody will chime in:icon_confused:

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2" body. 1.5" coil spring spacers/rear block
If I had to guess anything it would be the springs. It's possible your Ranger came with a higher payload package than the Splash and as such has heavier duty springs which make the ride height higher when both are unloaded.

But I could also be wrong, chvlfrk has a viable theory.

Madman2021

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
The splash has the axle flipped and has smaller springs up front with round welded I-beams insteaded of the tradition "I beams". The rear leaf springs look lower and it has drop brackets in the rear. It's all factory too. The splash is diffenatly lowered from the factory.

chvlfrk

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
?????

The splash has the axle flipped and has smaller springs up front with round welded I-beams insteaded of the tradition "I beams". The rear leaf springs look lower and it has drop brackets in the rear. It's all factory too. The splash is diffenatly lowered from the factory.
=======================================
I'll try and remember to check today at work, but I don't think the I beams are different from the factory...............

But if you already knew what you say above, why the OP?:icon_confused:

Madman2021

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
OP?? I need to know what components do I need from the splash to makE my ranger a splash edition. And no i don't want to do a full frame swap. His frame is in bad shape.

Madman2021

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
After doing some research, I think I may be wrong on the suspension components on the splash edition. I think the splash only has 1 inch lowering coils up front. This 1995 that's being parted out has beams that look just like the djm 3 inch drop beams. The coils look factory, it has longer leaf spring shackles. The leaf pack looks flater than mine. It does have the axle flipped. I thought it was all factory cause there's soo much buildup on this trucks frame components. I need someone to give me a list of parts that I would need to pull of that truck to put on mine. How low can I lower the front with the djm beams?

Madman2021

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

Madman2021

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well this forum is worthless. Bye

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Well this forum is worthless. Bye
Well, you didn't give it much of a chance. There are very knowledgable people on here, give them a chance to respond. You might also try posting in one of the suspension sub forums.

OilPatch197

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984/87
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Yesterday, 09:35 PM ---->Today, 12:15 PM
geeze this forum isn't a 24/7 tech support line, you only gave this forum just over 12 hours to respond, and that was mostly at night when normal people sleep!

:icon_confused:

WTF DUDE!!!:lame::badidea:

THEN you bash this forum! Hell I'm sorry that nobody was up in middle of the night to answer your topic! You should not criticize this forum for "worthlessness".

This forum isn't all about YOU, so can we keep this civil and keep the "me, me, me" attitude down?

Last edited:

chvlfrk

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
There's a guy parting out a 1995 ford ranger splash and I have a 1997 ford ranger xl. What do I need off of that ranger to lower mine like a splash? Same exact truck almost. Except his is a step side bed.
===============================================
"O"riginal "P"ost = OP

And after the wizeazz comment, I'm not gonna waste my time tryin to decifer what exactly your lookin for!:icon_confused:

BTW: Ford catalogin doesn't show any difference as far as front & rear suspension between a regular XL/XLT and the Splash, so if it's lowered, must be aftermarket stuff.

Last edited:

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
geeze this forum isn't a 24/7 tech support line, you only gave this forum just over 12 hours to respond, and that was mostly at night when normal people sleep!

:icon_confused:

WTF DUDE!!!:lame::badidea:

THEN you bash this forum! Hell I'm sorry that nobody was up in middle of the night to answer your topic! You should not criticize this forum for "worthlessness".

This forum isn't all about YOU, so can we keep this civil and keep the "me, me, me" attitude down?
i agree. u earned some rep.

===============================================
"O"riginal "P"ost = OP

And after the wizeazz comment, I'm not gonna waste my time tryin to decifer what exactly your lookin for!:icon_confused:

BTW: Ford catalogin doesn't show any difference as far as front & rear suspension between a regular XL/XLT and the Splash, so if it's lowered, must be aftermarket stuff.
i agree too. ive seen some splash rangers and they seem to be the same as a normal xlt. maybe it has lower tires? 60-65 sidewall.

the stepside rangers are known to have 1 leaf less than the styleside ones, so maybe thats the lowering on the rear. it could have smaller coils on the front.

superds

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Well, I looked it up earlier in the service manual to see what the differences are between the regular and Splash suspension for a '97 and the only mention of the Splash I could find was in regards to the rear springs. I wasn't going to post my research since it seemed like the guy who wanted to know bailed on us. But, since you are still talking about it, the Splash (all configurations) has a unique (rear) spring code: F37A-KA, this code didn't show up on any other non Splash configurations, different engines, wheelbases, etc. This different spring is probably what gives the Splash the lower stance, but I can't be certain because it gives no more information as to what each of the different spring codes mean.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals