• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

v8 swap obd2

aspevacek

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I am wondering if it is possible on a ford to maintain full obd2 functions while doing a 5.0l swap into a ranger. I understand a 96 and up 5.0l ranger would be OBD2. I am wondering if anyone knows where the vin is read from during annual inspection. I know on my chevy the vin is burnt into the ECU, BCM and radio and if all 3 do not match I get hit or miss functions of the different systems in the vehicle. A quick trip to chevy and a little time with the Tech 2 and they were able to get all 3 matched up with vins and every thing functioning as it was from the factory. Is there anything like that on Fords? One of the biggest things slowing me down about doing the swap on the ranger currently is the not knowing if I will have that issue.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals