• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

85 b2 4x4

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i just took it wheelin,done pretty good for having street tires.think very seriously about a 302 efi and auto swap and full widths f/r.but that will probably never happen...wish i just would have bought a 1st gen explorer.had them and like them better.anybody wanna trade a 91-94 expo 4x4 for my b2?

Last edited:

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
done some more to it.got a few things working.
read about the 4.0 swap and i like it.i can get an explorer preety cheap down the road from me.and its 4x4 so i would have a 4.0 and d35 and 8.8 axles.if i do this will my 1350 tcase bolt up to the expo's tranny(auto)?

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i put a new elec fuel pump on and it ran great for a few days,now its not getting fuel.it has new lines,filters and pump...????? what is going on????and i have a clear filter on it before the pump,and its dry so no fuel being pulled out of the tank.

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i cut an access hole in the floorboard to gain access to the sending unit without having to drop the tank.the tank is 3/4 full.all the lines i can blow through.but i hooked my mechanical pump back up and its doing fine.i guess the electric one was just trash.

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well i really was not happy with it so it got sold today.now i am looking at a 1st gen eb explorer 4x4 . and getting it for $500 ...all it needs is a starter.i kept the winch and lift i had for the bii and will put it on the expo...i know the back will be a soa but the front will get these 4" lift springs and brackets i have.and the smittybuilt 8k winch will be mounted to this also.

Last edited:

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, durasparked, 350 holley, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust
Transmission
Automatic
Unless the lift kit you have was for a TTB front end with a 4.0, between the winch/bumper and heavier motor you won't get 4" of lift.

92xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the lift was for a ranger supercab 4x4.it came off a 93 with a 4.0 and 5 spd.

bonedoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, durasparked, 350 holley, headers, 2 1/2 inch exhaust
Transmission
Automatic
Cool, then you should be good to go. The supercabs were known for getting a little less lift because of the weight of cab also. So a 4" kit might be a half inch to inch lower than a regular cab with the same motors. Would imagine the effect will be the same in an explorer. Good thing is you can just do a spring over axle set up in the rear and get plenty of lift for the rear. You might even need to swap your 4" springs for 6" to even it out. Keep us posted.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals