• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need power steering

jeffpinto

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have a 94 b2300 4 cyl 5 speed with man steering and was wondering how hard it is to convert it to power steering, this thing does not steer very good, I'm a giant man and almost in the steering wheel as it is so power steering would be a plus, any advise would be greatly app.

ice1200s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Tire Size
235/60-14
Did you get anywhere with this? I have the same truck and want to do the same thing. I'd really, really appreciate any info you would be willing to pass on.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
I recently removed a complete ps setup on a 96 Ranger and installed the manual gearbox from an 88 Ranger...had to do a slight mod on the steering wheel shaft but otherwise everything bolted in...

If you're in Canada I actually have the entire ps setup for sale on Kijiji...no bites yet...maybe my price is too high...but I'm sure I will sell it...

Andy D

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
The Rat
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Manual
My credo
to prevent Found On the Road Dead, Fix Or Repair Daily
I recently removed a complete ps setup on a 96 Ranger and installed the manual gearbox from an 88 Ranger...had to do a slight mod on the steering wheel shaft but otherwise everything bolted in...

If you're in Canada I actually have the entire ps setup for sale on Kijiji...no bites yet...maybe my price is too high...but I'm sure I will sell it...
Why would you swap in a manual box if the power unit worked ? At most it only uses a few HP. To the OP, I would grease every Zerks fitting you can find . IIRC the Rat has 6

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Why would you swap in a manual box if the power unit worked ? At most it only uses a few HP. To the OP, I would grease every Zerks fitting you can find . IIRC the Rat has 6
The ps was leaking and I needed to get at a bolt on the side of the engine (ground)...the previous owner even gave me a new reservoir and used ps gearbox that was supposed to have been tested by someone.

I just spent two years leaking oil all over the driveway and it was hard enough cleaning that up...I know ps fluid isn't the same but still nasty stuff...and landlords do not like drippy vehicles...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals