• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

need a drop hitch

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
lol p38fln, i have that 3rd fairing and step just took it off when i was cleaning stuff up and never got around to putting it back on....not bad for an owner operator i guess..

p38fln

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.5 L GTDI
Transmission
Automatic
Not bad at all! I used to think of buying one of the old trucks myself back when I drove for them. I assume you run without a CB in that thing, since there's no CB antenna. Yours also must have the seperate FM antenna on the driver's side since i see you have neither of the CB antennas - the one I posted has the FM radio antenna combined with the CB radio antennas.

If yours is an old Schneider truck, the one I posted is at least a year or two newer - they stopped ordering the sunroofs because they could never get them to stop leaking.

Also - if you really are after a trailer, when I left Schneider, they had something like a thousand WELL used orange van trailers sitting in their lot in Gary, Indiana.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
i work part time at Fleet Body Shop in Memphis. usually just some spare hours in the summer...

but yea, i hate those dang sunroofs to!! lol

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
that was a pic taken shortly after a respray and the new vynal put on to give it a fresh look. i had taken the duel antenna's off the mirrors when i had that done. (to lazy to put them back on yet) I'm taking a vac till Oct 1st,,as far as the fm radio i have a mirror mount xm radio i use much better than channel surfing every other county. i was just jokin about the trailer i pull a lot of wallyworld trailers so they can pay for the upkeep i love the drop and hook no worries.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i still say that if you need a 2-5/16's ball, you need a bigger truck.... lol
Depends on the trailer.

I have needed a 2-5/16 ball for my Ranger, I was just hauling brush so there was no real weight to it. I didn't need it being that heavy but it was just what the trailer took.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
Depends on the trailer.

I have needed a 2-5/16 ball for my Ranger, I was just hauling brush so there was no real weight to it. I didn't need it being that heavy but it was just what the trailer took.
well, i have a trailer (custom made) that's 13.5 foot long, and 4 foot wide inside the floor.. so if i'm hauling something like that, i use that trailer. or trailer is really neat actually...

instead of just one lift gate at the rear, it has one at the front to, so if we load up 3 4wheelers-- we drop the tailgate and the front liftgate and drive up into the bed of the truck w/out dropping the trailer and needing ramps :D:icon_twisted:
:thefinger::thefinger:

idk why i just posted all that... oh well. +1 post count :yahoo::icon_rofl::thefinger:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have one of those I can use too, $3 at a farm sale + tires. Probably a 8x9 trailer or therabouts. That is the standard trailer I pull with the Ranger, it just fits it nice.

When I am hauling brush across town, if it is bigger stuff I would just as soon throw it on the 18' car trailer than break it all into bite size pieces for a smaller trailer and take more trips.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals